[IP] Error code on Glucometer DEX

I am using a Glucometer DEX as my meter. I am pretty happy with it (ease of
use - no clue about the accuarcy ;) but there is something that sort of bugs
me. I do get quite frequently the error code E7 - maybe every 10-15
measurements.  The handbook says that there might be humidity in the meter
and that it might require cleaning. Sorry, but how did that happen? I am
pretty sure that it is not humidity related. Has anyone have had a similar
I usually get it to work again if I open the device, rub over the contacts
on the disc and the lid and maybe put some spit on it to really make the
current go.

Any comments or suggestions?

Thanks, Thomas