Re: [IP] Re:virus alert

At 06:43 PM 12/14/01 email @ redacted wrote:
 >WIll someone  who works on this site PLEASE set the record straight...What
 >should we do if we deleted the file...I did!! I've tried to retrieve it but
 >have been unable to! I love this list but am very disappointed that this has
 >been allowed to happen. I have read many emails about what to or what not to

1. The admins have posted numerous messages telling people that this was a
hoax and where to locate instructions on how to deal with this problem in
the last day or two. The instructions are at the bottom of the page at:

2. We do not have any way to prevent a member from posting information on
the list. Since we do not (nor would we want to) pre-censor the messages
that appear here. Therefore, there is no way that we can stop someone from
posting this type of information beforehand.

Sam Skopp