RE: [IP] Questions about 3 yr. old getting a pump

My daughter is 3 yrs. old and she loves her pump even though she does not
like the changing site days. I believe she feels naked/different without it.
Every time we take it off she makes sure she puts it in a safe place and
comes back to see if its still there (example: Our vaction at a waterpark
resort). She uses the Silhouettes and we do not put emla cream before we do
it because we believe it is faster and less of a torture if she didn't know
what was coming. You might be glad to know that the Silhouettes will soon
have a inserter so that you will not have to do it manually. We do not
dilute the Humalog and she mostly wears it on her joggers/pants because she
is in preschool and I don't like her going to school with a dress because
they do a lot of activity. On weekends she puts on her girly dresses and we
put on a regular belt under her dress but above her under shirt and clip her
pump to the belt. Around the house she wears her disney cinderella, sleeping
beauty, Ariel nightgowns and she clips it to the top neckline of her
nightgown, but she also likes to wear nothing when she goes to sleep and we
put it on her underwear and since she is not walking around the pump will
not go anywhere. she uses the short tubing so we do not have a problem with
that issue.
I don't believe it is an issue about wearing something 24/7 she doesn't mind
the pump. I do believe it will be an issue if she had to take shots every
time she has an extra treat especially during the holidays at school and
birthday parties.

People believe it is a pager and will make comments like look she is so
important that she needs a pager, and I will say Yes, she is and she is very