[IP] Basal rates for young boys (10-12 yrs)

Taylor (11) has been pumping for almost 2 years now (3-6-00) and we are seeing
a tremendous jump in his basal rates.  I realize everybody is different
however, I am trying to get a consensus as to where other boys his age are at.
He currently has 21 units for basal and about 35-40 units per day total.  His
carb ratio is 1:20 at breakfast (although I think we need to change it to
1:15), and 1:30 for the rest of the day.  His high bolus is 1 unit per 150
points.  His endo (whom we love!!)  was surprised that the high ratio was so
high as he thought it should be 1 unit per 50.  This was figuring out his
sensitivity.  We have explained this is what works for us right now and he is
fine with that.  I have also been toying with the idea of lowering what we
correct to during the day.  We usually correct to 130 day or night, but I am
thinking of correcting to 100 during the day.  His range is still 80-180
however I do not like to keep it at the higher end.

Taylor (11 dx 3-9-99, pumping 3-6-00)
Amanda (9)
Alexander (3)