[IP] Meter accuracy standards

On a related subject, are home bg meter accuracy standards different in
different countries?

I don't know if the EU have got around to issuing a decree on this yet,
among the 1457832(ish) that
come out each year ;-)

Does anyone know better?

I read an article in "Clinical Chemistry" yesterday suggesting that accuracy
standards should be +/-5% for patients to be happy:

"Conclusions: Instruments for self-measurements of glucose with an
imprecision (CV) of 5% and bias 5% meet the expectations of >75% of patients
in clinical situations other than hypoglycemia."

Title: Patient-derived Quality Specifications for Instruments Used in
Self-Monitoring of Blood Glucose

url:
http://www.clinchem.org/cgi/content/abstract/47/1/67?ijkey=TslNEaH1PnKOM

Thanks