[IP] Re: Kidney Transplants

>>>But, yes, the issue of a second transplant -- and where that idea takes
in terms of need for future transplants. Linda Z >>>

I'll address this part of the snipped post as I see it:

Both transplants were from living donors - I have yet to have someone
volunteer to provide me with that gift. More than likely they would not have
donated a kidney to someone else. I say, more power to him to have
friends/family like that. I do know of a few who have had 3 tx's - even from
cadavers. A lot of it has to do with the condition of the recipient - would
another tx help? Tx's are also given on *points* and if there isn't a better
match for someone waiting, then it is given to that person who can use it.
I'm not going to say who lives and who dies just because someone has
volunteered to give an organ. I'm glad I live in a country where no one
said, "You must give your kidney to so-and-so instead of the intended
because it's their 2nd chance." No one forced them into the donation,
either. I'm glad I live in a time where this is possible, although not
perfect. YMMV (~_^)