RE: [IP] Appendix removal

Jan and Elvis,
	Stick to it!! Sometimes you have to be harsh to keep your health good.
Compromise with the doctors, place the pump in a sterile bag, keep it hooked
up. Ask them where you could hook (arm, leg, abdomen...)that would not be
inconvenient for them. I would never disconnect for the same reasons as you
went through. Let them know that the pump is a part of you (an external
pancreas) and that it cannot be removed, I recently had someone tell me that
I had to remove my pump (I won). Sorry to hear your sugars were up when you
went off the pump, hope things are going well now!    Tammy