[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #622

  I realize that humalog and the other 2 have been altered. Thank you for
explaining it. I didnt know what the difference was. But humalog is only
used for diabetes right? I think its wrong to make it a prescription
item. They can charge twice as much because of it. Most of us are using
one of the new types now. Also I use a mail in pharmacy and dont have a
prescription available at a regular pharmacy. I think somehow we should
all be complaining to someone about it being made a prescription. And
since it is a prescription, the cost is twice as much. For people without
insurance its very unfair. And costly. I was told by a pharmacist that
since it acts quicker than regular insulin it could be more dangerous. I
believe that it dosnt matter if it acts in 5 minutes or 30 minutes.
Either one causes low blood sugar and as diabetics we need to know how to
treat lows and how the different insulins act. Its different for each one
of us. We dont need to be charged any more because they make it a
prescription. We need insulin to live. Its only to make more profits for
Doctors , pharmacies, and drug companys alike.
Susan & gadget