Re: [IP] Humalog, Novolog, Lantus by prescription only

>   what is ''true'' insulin then??or human insulin?? I thought they
>   "Lilly""
> quit making NPH????

"true" insulin is insulin where the bio-chemists have not mucked
around with the molecular structure. All of the insulins we know as
pork, beef, human, R, NPH, Lente, etc.... whether rendered directly
from the critter or grown by bacteria or yeast still have the
molecular structure that nature gave them. Only the insulin analogs
are different. Their molecular structure is very similar to true
insulin, and in general the body treats them pretty much the same
with a few exceptions. Most notably the quick absorption for Novolog
and Humalog and the very long flat absorption for Lantus. There are
some people that exhibit unusual sensitivities to the insulin analogs
and this is not well documented.