Re: [IP] One Touch Ultra and varying consecutive readings - comme nts?

Jan G. <email @ redacted> wrote:

>     Isn't' this  just with using the control solution, that the reading
> get with control solution is within the stated range?

No, it's an approximation of what one can expect based on the standards that
this, and all waived laboratory devices, must meet.  The standard in this
case is a moderate complexity serum glucose test done by a laboratory that
is properly certified to perform the test.

If you'd like to test your meter, next time you have your glucose measured
(assuming it isn't one of the rapid tests done in the doctor's office), do
your own test at the same time the blood is drawn for the test, and then
compare the results.  Don't forget to adjust for whole blood if that's what
your meter reports.

Do this several times and you'll start to get a feeling for the precision of
your own meter.

Jim Handsfield