[IP] Re: allergy to antibacterial strip on the soft set

<< I am having a really tough time with the antibacterail strip on the soft
I have called minimed many times and they have sent me new tapes etc...
Finally They sent me a quick set to try...has anyone ever heard of this
problem before?? I am hoping that this works because I love the pump
otherwise. >>

Apparently that's a common problem.  When I was being trained, I told my CDE
that I had sensitive skin, so she recommended simply discarding the
antibacterial strip.  I didn't substitute an IV 3000 or anything else--just
injected directly into my skin and held it in place with the tape that comes
with the Sof-Set.  I never had a problem with infections or skin reactions
related to doing this.

I now use QuickSets and prefer them because the tape stays on better and they
disconnect at the site (without a hanging tail).