Re: [IP] Earthlink Question

> Just a general question (not diabetes related-sorry) for the list.
> I just got an email notice that Verio will discontinue dial-up
> services as of January 9, 2002.  They are transferring all current
> dial-up accounts to Earthlink dial-up.
> My question for y'all is: How good is Earthlink?
> Thanks for the info.

Earthlink sucks big time.
I'd recommend Megapath or Worldcom. Both are national tier one
providers that have reasonable customer service. Both are in the
INTERNET business, not the phone business and understand, at
least a little better, what internet users need and want. Some small
local ISP's will provide better support but won't have their own
national sonnet rings (fiber).