RE: [IP] One Touch Ultra and varying consecutive readings - comme nts?

Hi Catherine

What is the specification range on your meter instructions?

Mine implies that there is a tolerance of about +/- 30% on the readings a
meter might give (it says it is OK if you get a reading of between 198 and
342 on one of the calibtration solutions), but my understanding is that an
individual meter would be far more consistent than this - more like +/- 5%.

I've never seen the difference you saw on a single meter without there being
something unusual causing it (e.g., I got something wrong, broken meter
etc).

Did you repeat the test with a different meter?

I use a Medisense meter - called a Medisense Precision Xtra in the US. I'm
very happy with it.

Julian