Re: [IP] Re: Afternoon Highs on Pump-HELP!

  This is Sylvia, mom to Joshua.  As it states in the book, if you are having
trouble with a certain consistant time frame you need to make the adjustments
approx 90-180 minutes prior to the needed change.  I always calculate it out
to about 2 hours prior for Josh.  So, if her BGs are consistantly going up
around 3pm then at around 1PM you want to increase the basal rate.  You
realize that that 30 point drop in one hour in the AM is WAY too much of a
drop in that short of time.  And she did it again at noon.  You may want to
rethink those time periods.  I know I would.  As a matter of fact during
Christmas break we are going to re-visit all of Josh's basals.  His early AM
ones are perfect for covering his DP.  And the early morning prior to lunch
seems to be going well.  He is changing again in the afternoons and drops
real fast (opposite of your daughter) so I need to drop those basals right
after lunch.

Anyway, just remember that this is an ever changing situation.  What may work
today probably won't work tomorrow.
Hang in there!

mom to Joshua