[IP] Re: Afternoon Highs on Pump-HELP!

We are having trouble lately with Eileen's afternoon numbers. She has lunch
at 2:30 p.m. and is in the 2004s range 2 1/2 to 3 hours later. I4m confused
as to which basal I would have to raise
Her basals are: (a little wacky)

12:00   1.0
9:30    0.9
12:30   1.0
2:30    1.4
8:30    0.9

We just did a morning basal test today, she didn4t go to school. Her numbers
were pretty consistent: dropped from 132 at 8:15 a.m. to 101 at 9:15 .m.
after that, tested every hour until 1:00 p.m. and her numbers were 117, 121,
and then at 1:00 was 64.

I4m pretty sure her boluses are not the culprit, I have had to raise her
boluses and she4s eating basically the same foods, where a 3.5 unit bolus
would have covered her meal, I4m now using  units and still getting some
high4s so I think the basal is too low.

Also,  I4m confused, in Pumping Insulin, by John Waslh, he says basals
should be close together for example if your lowest basal is 0.9 your
highest shouldn4t be more than 1.3 units. This doesn4t seem true for us.
Anybody have any ideas? Thanks for your help.

Mom of eileen, pumping since 08/01!