Re: [IP] new pump user

In a message dated 12/9/01 8:01:47 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< There is a Deanna on the list who is
also starting soon.  Have not seen her post for a couple of days and am
anxious to see what she has to say about her first days on the pump. >>

Carol and Ann,
I don't know when I'm getting my pump yet. My insurance authorization is
still in process and I'm really nervous about that right now. It has to go
through before the end of the year for me to get my insurance benefits from
this year and still have enough for supplies to use next year. My insurance
has a $2000 cap on durable medical equipment, the category that the pump and
its supplies fall under.
I wish both of you all the best and will let you know when I get mine! I
think I'm going to go straight to insulin and skip the saline process. That
seems like delayed gratification to me!
dxed 9/92, hopefully pumping soon