[IP] Appendix removal

At the time I had my appendix removed last spring I remembered all the
discussion on this site about remaining connected to the pump or
disconnecting. My doctor gave me a choice. I'm glad I decided to take my
pump off for those three days in the hospital and let him worry about my
insulin needs. Even though appendix removal is not major surgery I was in no
condition to worry about my pump, infusion site, etc. I know it's not
impossible that one of the nurses could make a mistake and give me the wrong
amount of insulin, but at least I completely trust my doctor to know how to
make the changeover from a pump to injections as seamless as possible. Arnie