RE: [IP] re:IP] magnetic/nikken products and minimed 508?

Leann Marcucci [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> thanks for such a quick reply jim. i don't understand a word
> you said, but
> i'll have someone here at work explain it to me. so would something at
> 1000 gau 2 feet away from my pump make it stop working ?

I would say it could.  1000 gau is a pretty strong field, and being only two
feet away, it's not going to weaken too much.

> i work at a
> nuclear power
> plant- i have so many geeky engineers around me it's scarry. no social
> skills, but they're all really smart. :)

I think you might want to contact your safety office to see if there's any
risk to medical equipment in your work area.  I'd get whatever technical
information you can from MiniMed as well.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR