RE: [IP] arm hurt

ROBIN RAMM [mailto:email @ redacted] wrote:

> Kevin hurt his elbow/arm yesterday and we THINK it is not
> broken (xrays were
> inconclusive due to growth plates) and just sprained, but he
> is in a lot of
> pain.

If there is *ANY* possibility that a growth plate is involved, get a second
opinion from a pediatric radiologist (preferred) or pediatric orthopedist
*NOW*.  I don't know how the growth plates could cause confusion with a
sprain or a ligament tear.  But damage to a growth plate could arrest growth
in that bone.

Jim Handsfield
email @ redacted OR