Re: [IP] too many tubings

In a message dated 12/8/2001 12:13:46 PM Mountain Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

<< Frequent tubing changes
 need not waste insulin. Disconnect the sil from the tubing and pull the
 resuidual insulin back ito the reservoir than connect the new tubing and
 it with the iunsulin you recovered from the old tubing. spot >>

My only caution here is that you ABSOLUTELY MUST DISCONNECT THE SIL FROM THE
TUBING BEFORE YOU DRAW BACK THE INSULIN!!!  I got two extremely nasty and
severe staph infections in my thighs back in about 1986 because I tried to do
this without a disconnectable infusion set.  Just a word to the wise.

Katie V.
diagnosed Friday the 13th of March, 1981
Minimed 504(now 507) December 28, 1985
two healthy children 1990 and 1998