[IP] Increase in viscosity of blood with high glucose

A few weeks ago I saw a CDE on t.v. demonstrating how the blood thickens when
the blood sugar is high.  I tell you, it was pretty scary!

She had two flasks, one with normal sugar blood in it, and one with blood
sugar in the 200+ range.  The blood in the 200+ range was THICK!  I know she
was trying to prove a point, but was she overdoing it?

Any insights?

Barb,Erica's mom
Blood does get thicker and symptoms of angina in patients with coronary artery
disease are not uncommon. In patients with arterioslerosis, a stroke can
occur. The blood is altered in other ways as well.  spot