[IP] Drinking Alcohol

I think doctors are more concerned about diabetics drinking alcohol to the
excess - more than 2 drinks, because of the body's need to cleanse the alcohol
from the body. Diabetics are prone to kidney disease, I am sure the alcohol
makes the kidneys work harder. Some alcoholic beverages have lots of sugar in
them-making the kidneys work even harder. Some diabetics ignore taking their
shots, checking their blood sugar and eating correctly when they drink a lot.

I like beer and some wines, but I try to drink one or two. It is just
difficult to socialize when everyone else is drinking too. I am glad we are
talking about this because we need support and strength not to drink beyond
are limit-making positive choices. Happy pumping Sharon