[IP] BC/BS Appeal denial

Well, I got a denial from BC/BS of Michigan about paying for 300 test
strips per month.  This is the quote from their letter:  "After reviewing
the claim and the additional supporting documentation, our Medical
Consultant has determined that our payment of $154.72 to you on October 31,
2001, is the maximum allowable amount for this service."  I paid $206.97
for 300 test strips.  I spoke with the Insurance Commissioner's office for
Michigan and he's told me I need to now file a grievance with them.  I also
emailed my State Senator's office (she was one of the authors of the Law to
make insurance companies in Michigan pay for necessary medical supplies for
diabetes care).  I think the question ultimately will come down to:  who
makes the decision as to what is medically necessary for me?  Obviously
Blue Cross of Michigan thinks it should be them.

RoseLea (feeling a bit whipped here)