[IP] Re: insulin-pumpers-digest V5 #613 - Lilly medal

> Eli Lilly gives the necklace for those who have been on insulin 50 years
> longer.  Joslin gives a bronze medal for 25 years if you have no
> complications.  Joslin gives the 50 year one if you have lived with
> Diabetes for 50 years  - It is called the Victory Medal.  I have all three
> of these medals.

Since you have had DM over 50 years, meaning at 25 yrs, you met the
qualifications for the Joslin medal but those have since been done away
with. Doctors complained that a DMer had to go through rigorous and costly
tests just for this medal to prove they had no complications. They now give
a certificate if you are warm and breathing. For both the 25- and 50-yr
acknowledgements there has to be documentation of diagnosis date.  Congrats
on your accomplishment getting all three of these medals. I did not qualify
at the 25-year mark. :(