[IP] Insulin sensitivity

When I first started using the pump 3/98 I was using Velosolin (sp?) insulin.
 I started having horrible migraines and the noone not even the neurologist
could figure out the problem.  Then one day I was reading the insert with the
bottle of insulin and found out it is a pork based insulin.  Well, in 1985 I
had learned I was allergic to pork and was taken off of the pork insulin.  I
have since been very clear to tell my doctors that I am allergic to pork (it
gives me migraines and my body does not absorb the insulin properly).  After
I read this paper I made an appointment with my endo (he was not the endo
that originally put me on the pump) and had my insulin changed to Humulog.
Wow miracle of miracles the migraines went away.  So remember to be very
proactive in your medical treatment and read your pamphlets.