[IP] A1c's

> does upset her and always has, is to have lab work done. As a result of
> this, we do not have her hemoglobin A1C test done that often. Parents
of > children living with diabetes have many stressful days and
situations that > are beyond their control and a regular visit to the
clinic is often > unnerving to the child. Most children have become
accustomed to the pokes > and needles but are still very uncomfortable by
the drawing of blood- even > with the elma cream to numb the discomfort. When
Jake goes to hs endo, they have the "finger prick" method of A1c.  They
encourage the kids to bring their own lancet device, and to draw their
own blood.  It only takes one drop, and they are done.  The first time
was a frightening experience for Jake, until he realized, it would only
be the same as his bs testing.  Mary Bridge Children's Health Center is
wonderful!   --- Judith Brooks--- email @ redacted EarthLink:
The #1 provider of the Real Internet.