[IP] faster absorption of Humalog on injections v. pump site?

hi all,
we've noticed that Humalog seems to take a while to work in our daughter now
that she is on the pump, which was not the case on injections as much.

for example, she is sick today, high ketones, vomited..
She was at 305, we gave her a unit, an hour and a half later, still at 300.
so our endo told us to give 2 units by injection. we'll see what happens in an
hour, but i'm wondering if the highs we see after meals are because of slow
absorption of Humalog with a pump site.
we use the sils, and use stomach and butt sites.

any thoughts?