[IP] punishment vs rewards

So many have shared their opions on how a missed blood test should be handled
and I appreciate all of them.  I do not show a great deal of emotion/reaction
to the numbers displayed when Cory tests.  If he is low we treat it, if he is
high, we bolus.  If we detect a pattern, we look at it to see if a basal
needs changed or if it was due to exercise or miscounted carbs.  As for
school - he was only supposed to be testing and bolusing at lunch time.  This
one is going very well - hasn't missed any.  But we decided he needed to add
an afternoon one, at least for awhile because he sometimes goes low.  I
wanted to know if he was going low at school or on the way home from school.
Then he passed out in band, which he has last period.  Now that one really
alarmed me.  He has never passed out before and I never want it to happen
again.  All students are required to carry a daily planner with them to each
class.  The assignments are written down in a section that is marked for each
class period.  On the one for band, I put a reminder for him to test or at
the very least to have a small snack.  He can just slip a few Smarties in his
mouth if he wants.  But for some reason that I cannot understand, he is not
doing either one.  He is also allowed and even encouraged to have a small
sucker or something to eat on his way home from school.  He's not doing that
either.  Sometimes, I wonder if he eats all his lunch as his afternoon (after
school) check ranges from 55 - 200.  I am underbolusing him for lunch so the
200 sounds like he ate all of it, but he should not be going low.  Oh how
frustrating it is to try to keep kids in line.  I admire him for what he does
and I praise him.  At first I gave him a lot of sympathy but now I have
discovered that will only cripple him.  The pump has given him a lot of
flexibility and he can live a far more normal life.  BUT HE STILL NEEDS TO