[IP] Re: My daughter has been living

Jim, This is the exact same situation with my daughter.  It has become a
nightmare to have blood drawn from her arm.  So they say, you can do it by
fingerprick, but you have to fill up half a bottle drop by drop!!   Well last
June 1, when she needed the A1c done after pumping 7 weeks, it was just too
traumatic.  After trying for an hour or more, the technician/nurse finally
took us right down to the actual lab.  All the test required was one tiny,
tiny drop of blood, far less than that needed for the Ultra One Touch meter.
It took 10 seconds start to finish.  And that is for the "best" HbA1c test.
(forget the name, but it has been discussed here).  Yet they want us to go
through this trauma of fillling up a bottle of blood every 3 months, when
only this tiny amount is needed.  At least Claire forgets about it after it
is over, but it stays with me.   I may also give up on HA1cs for awhile.

Barbara, Mum of Claire 7