Re: [IP] exercise equipment

In a message dated 12/3/01 9:05:28 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< My husband wants to get a machine that moves the feet and arms- so a bike
a gazelle airwalker thingy.... plus i want to be able to use it for my
diabetes and to get my lungs in perfect shape:)
any suggestions? >>

If you want a machine, seems many are on the market and all would give the
good cardio workout you're looking for. Just depends on your preference for
activity. I've used stairclimbers and similar machines that resemble cross
country skiing to work arms and legs as well as rowing machines and
treadmills. I much prefer to be outside for my exercise, hiking or walking.
But sometimes go to the gym and use machines or swim laps. My favorite
machine is probably the cross country skiing type because of the perception
of less exertion with the same capacity to increase heart rate and work
Good luck.
dxed IDDM 9/92, hopefully pumping soon