Re: [IP] silver & gold

In a message dated 12/3/01 8:07:24 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> Does anyone else notice a *change* in gold? Mine tarnishes easily and turns
> orangish. It cleans very well, but I thought Medic Alert also did not
> recommend gold emblems for DMers - but the Stainless Steel only.

I haven't worn silver since I was a little girl, just don't like it much and
I am allergic to most medals, they make me break out.   I can only wear 14K
gold and that is what my medic alert bracelet is made out of, don't have any
problems with it.  So I don't know about the silver but I definately can wear
gold.  As far as the metal allergy, it isn't DM related, I had the problem
years before I had DM.

Faith and ?? my sweet blue dtron
diabetic 20 years and happy to be here