Re: [IP] weakness for egg nog

In a message dated 12/3/01 1:50:40 PM, email @ redacted writes:

<< I have this awful weakness for egg nog... but it's awful as far as bg's
concerned.  Even with exact measurement and carb counting, my bg's are high,
or if I do extra my bg's go low later, and anyway it is Sooooo fattening...

Help!  Any ideas on substitutes? >>

I recently ordered an egg nog latte at a coffee place and asked to see the
carton from the brand they used. They had light and regular. The carbs were
similar, but maybe with the reduced fat in the light version you wouldn't
crash as hard later. I'm sorry, don't remember the brand name, but thought
maybe you could look for the light type in the store if you haven't tried
that already.
Good luck,
dxed IDDM 9/92, hopefully pumping soon