Re: [IP] Re: kids living with diabetes

In a message dated 12/3/2001 4:14:41 PM Mountain Standard Time, email @ redacted

> One of the best things I have found (besides the pump) to help my son and
>  diabetes management has been the "at Home" A1c test.  <snip>  Once a year
he has to do it the old fashion way but we
>  can live with that.

By "the old fashioned way," I presume you mean having to have blood drawn
from a vein . . . Although your endo may not have one, ours (at the Barbara
Davis Center for Childhood Diabetes) has a machine that does an A1c test from
just a finger prick and gives results in 6 minutes or so . . . If we were
looking having a blood draw every 3 months, I think I'd be doing those at
home/mail tests, too!

Pumpmama to Katie