[IP] Re: kids living with diabetes

Hi All,

One of the best things I have found (besides the pump) to help my son and his
diabetes management has been the "at Home" A1c test.  My 14 year old was dx'd
at 11 years.  The thing he hated the most was the blood test every 3 months.
He would get ill each time he had to do it.  Finally our doc hooked us up
with a mail in A1c.  It's simple- I pick it up at the hospital Pharmacy (16
dollars) 2 drops of blood and mail it off.  In about 10 day we get a profile
and so does our doc.  Once a year he has to do it the old fashion way but we
can live with that.  He just got his back today- 6.8.  I was a little worried
because since he has started High School he seems to be eating a lot of junk.
 He must be doing the right thing!  Hope this helps anyone out there who also
experiences problems with blood test.
Janet In Ohio