[IP] Silver and 'betes...

I have never been able to wear silver. My friends called me werewolf because
of the way my skin breaks out and the silver goes black.

What I have found though is that from day one, diabetes or no, my skin has a
high acidity level. Nickel is also a bugaboo. I cannot wear and never have
been able to wear costume jewelry. Surgical steel usually has the OK, but is
so close to the nickel based earring, for example, that I have bled from the

This is the case both with and without diabetes.

Jenny Sutherland