[IP] Pump shopping vs car shopping

Someone wrote in about two digests ago that they thought the paradigm with
the 160 units in the cartridge would be more than sufficient as they only
used 35 units per day.  No matter how much insulin you use you can fill the
cartridge clear up, still change your site every 2 or 3 days and only change
the cartridge when it is empty.  I use approx. 25 to 30 units per day and
fill my cartridge to 300 units everytime.  Because of priming, disconnecting
and re-priming, etc. my cartridge usually lasts approx. 9 to 10 days.  When
I get my "low cartridge" alarm at 20 units (where I chose to set it) I just
plan ahead to change the cartridge sometime in the next 12 hours or so
(without changing my site at that time unless the site "happened" to be at
its 3 day change-out time then also).  I know many pump users do this.  It
is how my CDE told me to do at when I started and I haven't had any
problems; even in very warm weather, etc..  Fewer cartridges to fill and
change that way; also makes for less insulin waste.  YMMV.