[IP] DM and academic problems

I would really appreciate any suggestions about articles about the problems
diabetic adolescents can have with academics.  My 13 year old daughter was
diagnosed about 1 1/2 years ago, and she is not doing as well in school as
she was before she was diagnosed.  Her teachers seem to feel that it is the
age related and that many of the students are not doing their best work, but
that time will correct this problem.  They may be right but I don't want to
let an early problem that is more DM than age related grow into a major

She is happy and sociable and quite open about her diabetes routine and pump.
 Her school has be absolutely wonderful about supporting her.  Her blood
glucoses are pretty good but she does miss some classroom time going to the

So any teachers out there who can suggest articles or resources?  I tried
searching the Internet and got loads on keeping children physically safe at
school but nothing about ensuring that academics don't slip through the
cracks with all the DM related distractions.