[IP] rotting silver

>>Am I the only one who causes silver to rot?  Why in the world would an
>>insulin manufacturer give silver to diabetics???

>>Just wondered...

>>Katherine Nelson & MyHope (the pump)
>>dx T2 '86, T1 '96, MM 508 since 5/15/01

When I ordered my last Medic Alert bracelet I wanted to upgrade from the
steel to sterling silver (gold will be next). I had never heard of diabetics
causing silver to tarnish. But the Medic Alert assistant was well aware of
it. She wanted to double check that was not the case with me. I am a jewelry
hound and have a lot of sterling without it seeming to tarnish quickly. I
got the sterling Medic Alert bracelet and it is fine too. So it seems like
you are not the only one and the effect is prevalent enough for Medic Alert
personnel to know about it.

Amy Anderson