Re: [IP] re: punishment for "bad" behavior

In a message dated 12/2/01 2:02:05 PM Central Standard Time,
email @ redacted writes:

> I also get annoyed when people ask "how many points" she has when we check
> BG
> numbers. and then "is that good? bad?" we are careful to refer to it as
> "high,
> low, or healthy". something we read when our daughter was first diagnosed at
> 12 months suggested not using 'good' and 'bad' for numbers, and it really
> rang
> true with me. the 'points' and value judgements when she has little control
> over what happens to her BG numbers are unfair.
> chanie

me too, I didn't even care for it when the nurses asked what kind of meds she
was on because i have always told her that her body does not produce the
HORMONE insulin and we must supplement it for her much like Mommy can't see
well without her glasses...everyone has something.....I don't want her
viewing herself as *ill*...just has a condition that if not taken care of
properly then she may become ill........as far as behavior liike bg
checks...I look at it as responsible versus irresponsible...not
good/bad.....oh well.....hmmmmm
Beverly, Mom to Mary, 8, dx'd 9/97, and Nick, who is now nine!