[IP] Gratitude and Fund raising

I once shared with my son that my greatest fear was that complications from
diabetes would disable  me and that I would lose contact with the rest of
the world.  He promised me that no matter what happened, as long as I had my
mind and one muscle functioning, he would make sure that I could always use
a computer and stay connected.

Meanwhile I got on the internet, joined a diabetic newsgroup and became
Internet Mom to a younger diabetic who needed my emotional support.  When my
Internet Daughter went on the pump she encouraged me to do so and had me
join Insulin Pumpers. I noticed that there were some older diabetics
considering the pump and so I decided to jump right in.  Two weeks later I
had a pump, not much help from the endo who prescribed it, but there was
Insulin Pumpers and I learned what I needed to learn.

I fell and broke my leg last March.  Inspired by pumpers maintaining tight
control in order to become pregnant , I decided my leg would be my "baby"
and I would heal.  Yesterday, my orthopedist looked at the Xray and
pronounced it 100% healed!

Not all stories end as well.  My Internet Daughter became a text book
example of everything that could go wrong with diabetes despite the pump and
two failed pancreas transplants.  I lost touch with her as her husband could
no longer take care of  her and their two children and write to me as well.
She lives in my heart.

My son's desire to help me in any way he can has stayed strong.  I am happy
to say that right now I do not need the technology that he has applied to
help someone with MS and who does have only one muscle left to operate a
. Take a look at it and you will know why.

But I do need Insulin Pumpers and again wish to thank you, Michael for
making it a reality.  I have contributed in the past and I am sending you a
check in the amount of $100 today.  I will also make arrangements to
contribute on a monthly basis next year as you have often pointed out that
this form of giving is most helpful.

May God Bless you, always.

Denise Guerin
Type 1 47 years