Re: [IP] Help

Bill And Susan,
It's funny you should ask that just now.  I got off the phone with a Minimed
rep about five minutes ago.  I have Cigna and have been using the pump for
over a year now ( was covered by United Healthcare when I got the pump).
Anyway, I was having the darnedest time getting a straight answer form Cigna
as to whether they would cover supplies or not.  they weren't sure whether
the supplies would be covered as prescription meds are or if they would be
considered "durable medical equipment".  Also, my coverage is PPO not HMO, so
yours may be a little different.  They DO cover my pump supplies at 80%.  The
great thing though is that the pump companies will do the insurance research
FOR you.  Just give them a call with your insurance info and they will
contact Cigna for you to find out just how your pump and supplies will be
covered.  Good luck!

Sharon Jones