[IP] Re: using glucose meter to test sodas

Pamela Payne wrote:

<<I will use the idea of testing with the meter next time to back the point
are making. This has happened often and we just take the attitude of
"drinker beware."  The family has just developed the habit of testing Sara's
drink for her. Diabetes is a family affair in every way!!!>>

Depends on what kind of meter you're using.  Both my Complete and FastTake
will give an error if I put anything other than blood on the strip.  I've
tested this with diet soda and regular and got the same results.  Maybe the
difference is whether the meter gives whole blood or plasma results?  Both
the Complete and FastTake do plasma.