[IP] Re: Yellow spots for hypo symptoms

> This must be a very individual thing.  I've been diabetic for 19 years
> and counting and I've never seen spots during a hypo.  I thought from
> what i've been reading that it took 30-40 years for this to happen and
> now I read 5 years.   So, maybe it will never happen? who knows?

When I assembled my BASH booklet, I included symptoms of hypo- and
hyperglycemia. For the hypos, PHYSICAL SYMPTOMS included: trembling,
dizziness, pounding or rapid heartbeat, poor coordination, sweating, hunger,
nausea. MENTAL SYMPTOMS: difficulty concentrating, headache, visual aura
(colored spot) or blurred vision, extreme fatigue (including deep yawning),
out-of-body sensation, lightheadedness, out-of-character behavior. EMOTIONAL
SYMPTOMS: irritability, sudden crying, anger, inappropriate giggling.  The
body can respond to low blood sugar with a wide array of symptoms. This varies
per person and per episode, and can be confused with a high BG. Not everyone
develops all these symptoms; some might never experience any of them.

I got the list from an ADA article. I think the bottom line is - sometimes we
do, sometimes we don't; sometimes we never. YMMV (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue (<--- BASH news article available free through
1/3/01 at 6th paragraph. After that I can e-mail it privately upon request.)