[IP] Re: restaurant pop

I keep a little (jeweler's size) ziploc bag of urine glucose
strips in my daughter's meter case. I also have some in each car.
We usually don't need them though because I was "blessed" (and I
use that term veeery loosely - it is a blessing or a curse
depending on what it is I'm smelling LOL) with a seemingly
super-human sense of smell (which, btw, is even *more* sensitive
when I'm pregnant, which I currently am) and I can tell the
difference just by sniffing. Rarely is a taste test ever needed,
much less using the strips. I still keep the little strips around
though, just in case - mostly for when I'm not around to sniff
but also just because sometimes the kids like to check the drinks
anyway. :)

I suppose in a pinch you could always use your bg meter.

Anne said:
Has anyone discovered a way to check pop for sugar before
drinking it?

little guy due 3/10/01