Re: [IP] Re: DKA

My dog developed Type I last year.  I kept her alive as long as she was in
the early stages.  The last night I observed first hand the effects of true
DKA.  She showed ketones for a month prior to developing DKA.  With DKA you
are 99% incapasitated and nothing, including the lungs, is working well
enough to allow you to function without assistance form someone else.

And yes.  I did out her down rather than cope with yet another one of us in
the family! ;-/

Darrin Parker
Nova Scotia, Canada!
Pumping for 4 weeks + thanks to the support of wonderful internet friends!
of MDI!