[IP] Re: Funny story for long-timers

>>I quickly became tired and annoyed by peeing in a cup.  So, I started
filling the cup w/ water. This went on for 5 days and baffled Drs. trying to
treat me-fasting bg high, urine tests always negative. Finally one night, a
nurse figured it out, screamed my name down the hallway and pulled me by my
shirt collar down hall to lab. She asked "Is this water?" I smiled really big
and said, "yep." She called the Dr. who was stunned. Next morning I was
strongly admonished and scolded by him and my parents. So, then I had to pee
in the cup again, but with a nurse present, which halted my H20 replacement.
About a year later, I started it again at home on occasion just to see blue in
that little tube and to make parents and drs. happy. Nobody ever called me on
all of my negatives again.
Jill-nearly 25 years T1, pumping 6 years>>

I knew about the renal threshold right away and wasn't encouraged to test
anyway, so I never cheated. But this DOES remind me of a story Alan King told
on a Steve Allen show once:  King was hospitalized and every hospital has a
large, gruff nurse. She'd come in every morning and give him a cup and say,
"We need to fill this." And, every morning they served apple juice. One a.m.
he decided to put the juice in the cup. Gruff came in, looked at the cup and
said, "We look a little cloudy this morning."  He said, "Yes, we do, let's run
it trough again" and DRANK IT!! She about fainted. LOL (~_^)

http://maxpages.com/bludasue (<--- BASH news article accessible free at
paragraph #6 until 1/3/01 - after that I can e-mail it privately upon
request.) The newspaper will charge $1.95 per story after 7 days. I will
archive it myself. 8^)