[IP] Re: Cure in 5 years? INGAP

>> Unlike islet cell transplants, the
newly-formed islets are fully
functioning, i.e., not only is insulin produced,
but so is glycogen, so that
the appropriate glucose-insulin balance is
maintained.  Far more exciting
than the islet cell transplants (which is really
just another treatment),
this research holds hope for a true "cure", with
none of the very real and
potentially devastating effects of
anti-rejection drugs. <<

This is indeed exciting.  This type of cure will
take a long time to be completed (5-10
years?(g))  I think that there are many research
projects going on, many of which are also in the
early stages.

Is there any type of clearinghouse for research
that keeps track of worldwide dm research?  I
seem to recall a site like that I had bookmarked
but can not find it now.
Jack Granowski
email @ redacted
The meek shall inherit the earth - if that's all
right with you.