Re: [IP] Questions about pumps and travel.

I have never had a problem with airport security (doesn't even ring, so I
usually have not mentioned it) or with customs (which have only been Canadian
and US).  But a friend mentioned a problem with airport security returning
from Mexico last fall.  She said her extra Disetronic cartridges and the
syringe for filling them were confiscated -- since she had a full cartridge
and was on her way home, she did not make much effort in challenging it, not
even to get an interpreter.  (Yes, I have suggested to her that she should
bring this up with the pump company, the airport, the airlines, her travel
agent ...)  But it made me think that I should get my doctor to be a little
more specific in the letter (written on a prescription form) that I carry
with me.  I think maybe all the parts we are carrying with us should be
specifically listed.  And of course it wouldn't hurt to have it written in
the language of the country you will be visiting, if possible.  Unlikely to
be needed, but very useful if we happen to run across that Mexican official
my friend ran into.

I have had the pump set off the security alarm in government buildings, but
have always been waved through when I explained.

Linda Z