[IP] Funny Story For Long Timers...

For all of you long timers out there, when I was
diagnosed 1976 @ 7 yrs., in the hospital I quickly
became tired and annoyed by peeing in a cup.  So, I
started filling the cup w/ water.  This went on for 5
days and baffled Drs. trying to treat me-fasting bg
high, urine tests always negative.  Finally one night,
a nurse figured it out, screamed my name down the
hallway and pulled me by my shirt collar down hall to
lab.  She asked "Is this water?"  I smiled really big
and said, "yep."  She called the Dr. who was stunned.
Next morning I was strongly admonished and scolded by
him and my parents.  So, then I had to pee in the cup
again, but with a nurse present, which halted my H20
replacement.  About a year later, I started it again
at home on occasion just to see blue in that little
tube and to make parents and drs. happy.  Nobody ever
called me on all of my negatives again.  When bg
monitors (reflectance @ first) came out, my game was
over-boo hoo!  Just wondered if anyone else on the
list ever replaced the urine w/ water for thumbs up
results?  p.s. Actually found out as an adult that my
ped. endo. laughed his rear off when the nurse called
him that night!

Jill-nearly 25 years T1, pumping 6 years

Do You Yahoo!?