Re: [IP] Insulin Pump Brands

My father has a concern about the
Mini-Med after reading that sometimes static electricity can cause the unit
to malfunction.

I wouldn't be to concerned about the static problem.  I have to admit that
mine has had it's memory wiped out twice since I went on the pump in '95.
Both times were in the first year.  Seems like it had to get something out
of it's system.
Ever since then "it takes a licking but keeps on clicking" Hope Timex isn't
Seriuoslly those are the only two problems I have had with the minimed since
I stated pumping.  I think the main thing to have is a card with all the
pump parameters with you aat all times.  That way a crash is only a ten
minute inconvenience.

Bob P.